<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rss version="2.0">
   <channel>
      <title>Angas Batangas by Karl Jeush Celis</title>
      <link>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas</link>
      <description>Historical sites and landmarks in Batangas</description>
      <language>en-us</language>
      <pubDate>2022-12-01 01:14:32 UTC</pubDate>
      <lastBuildDate>2022-12-23 02:22:43 UTC</lastBuildDate>
      <webMaster>hello@padlet.com</webMaster>
      <image>
         <url>https://padlet.net/icons/png/1f5fa.png</url>
      </image>
      <item>
         <title>📍Basilica de San Martin de Tours</title>
         <author>karljeushcelis14</author>
         <link>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404471561</link>
         <description><![CDATA[<blockquote><strong>Taal Basilica</strong> is noted for its facade and gorgeous interior vista. <strong>Fray. Diego Espina</strong> established the Augustinians' Taal Basilica in the present-day town of<strong> San Nicolas</strong>, Batangas, with <strong>San Martin de Tours</strong> as its patron saint. In <strong>1754</strong>, the <strong>Taal volcano</strong> erupted, destroying the hamlet and its church. Later, the church was moved to its current site. <strong>Father Martin Aguirre</strong> donated the land for the reconstructed church in <strong>1755</strong>, but an earthquake again destroyed it in <strong>1849</strong>. The present church was planned and constructed between <strong>1856 </strong>and <strong>1878 </strong>by the <strong>Spanish architect Luciano Oliver</strong>. A little tower was constructed on its left side, but it was destroyed during the Japanese occupation. Later, it was rebuilt, and the new version was higher than the old one. On <strong>December 8, 1954</strong>, the church was transformed into a basilica, and on <strong>January 16, 1974</strong>, it was designated as a <strong>national shrine</strong>. The Taal Basilica is regarded as <strong>Asia's and the Philippines' largest church</strong>.</blockquote>]]></description>
         <enclosure url="https://padlet-uploads.storage.googleapis.com/1903585452/901500b85a27d19a54f2d4e9a69bda9c/image.png" />
         <pubDate>2022-12-01 02:03:05 UTC</pubDate>
         <guid>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404471561</guid>
      </item>
      <item>
         <title>📍Balayan</title>
         <author>karljeushcelis14</author>
         <link>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404487689</link>
         <description><![CDATA[<blockquote><strong>Balayan</strong>, one of the <strong>oldest towns</strong> in Batangas province, was originally the capital of the <strong>Moro sultanate of Bon-bon</strong>, which ruled over a vast region stretching from Cavite to Mindoro. The bayside hamlet thrived from the <strong>11th to 14th century</strong>, with <strong>native Moro</strong> and <strong>lumad (indigenous tribes)</strong> trade with <strong>Chinese merchants.&nbsp;</strong>Other than the old church, you’ll see many <strong>traditional houses</strong> scattered all over town.</blockquote><div><br><br></div>]]></description>
         <enclosure url="https://padlet-uploads.storage.googleapis.com/1903585452/833040762001e5e4c6f1574efad0b80e/image.png" />
         <pubDate>2022-12-01 02:18:17 UTC</pubDate>
         <guid>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404487689</guid>
      </item>
      <item>
         <title>📍St. Raphael the Archangel Parish Church</title>
         <author>karljeushcelis14</author>
         <link>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404503020</link>
         <description><![CDATA[<blockquote><strong>St. Raphael the Archangel Parish Church</strong> is also known as <strong>Calaca Church</strong>. His patronage extends to <strong>Calaca</strong>, a town in Batangas that was established on <strong>May 10th, 1835</strong>. It previously belonged to <strong>Balayan</strong>. <strong>Diego Inumerable</strong>, the town's gobernadorcillo or governor, decided that the community was prepared for its parish church<strong> six years</strong> after Calaca was founded. He had the church of St. Raphael the Archangel built with the aid of <strong>Calaca's wealthy parishioners</strong>.</blockquote>]]></description>
         <enclosure url="https://padlet-uploads.storage.googleapis.com/1903585452/b0b0a20ba7c7ea407893b0c1e8a5d439/image.png" />
         <pubDate>2022-12-01 02:33:34 UTC</pubDate>
         <guid>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404503020</guid>
      </item>
      <item>
         <title>📍Immaculate Conception Parish Church</title>
         <author>karljeushcelis14</author>
         <link>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404515687</link>
         <description><![CDATA[<blockquote>The <strong>Immaculate Conception Parish Church </strong>is the town's <strong>major colonial building</strong>. The original church was erected in <strong>1591 </strong>and was rebuilt with a stone church from <strong>1748</strong> <strong>to 1752</strong>. The main church is <strong>composed of coral stone</strong>, while the bell tower is <strong>made of bricks</strong>. Following a Moro pirate assault in <strong>1754</strong>, the church complex was fortified with stone walls known as the <strong>cota or fort</strong>, which were ultimately demolished in the <strong>1840s</strong>. However, the foundations of the wall may still be seen today along the perimeter of the church grounds. In <strong>2001</strong>, the <strong>Balayan church</strong> was designated a <strong>National Cultural Treasure.</strong></blockquote>]]></description>
         <enclosure url="https://padlet-uploads.storage.googleapis.com/1903585452/41a247f2335be5ed87eb0437c4c47b0b/image.png" />
         <pubDate>2022-12-01 02:45:41 UTC</pubDate>
         <guid>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404515687</guid>
      </item>
      <item>
         <title>📍Basilica Menor de Inmaculada Concepcion</title>
         <author>karljeushcelis14</author>
         <link>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404528486</link>
         <description><![CDATA[<blockquote>The <strong>Basilica Menor de Inmaculada Concepcion</strong> has been <strong>restored multiple times</strong>. The belfry's second and third storeys were finished in <strong>1934</strong>. Old windows were replaced in <strong>1936</strong>, and 23 chandeliers were installed. The façade fell after the <strong>earthquake </strong>of<strong> April 8, 1942</strong>, and was restored between <strong>1945 </strong>and <strong>1946</strong>. The façade was painted in <strong>1954</strong>, and extensive repairs were made in <strong>1957</strong>. On the occasion of the centennial anniversary, the outside was beautified and the frescoes were repaired.</blockquote>]]></description>
         <enclosure url="https://padlet-uploads.storage.googleapis.com/1903585452/a16eadc6120fd024f52199f0b0e940ef/image.png" />
         <pubDate>2022-12-01 02:57:46 UTC</pubDate>
         <guid>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404528486</guid>
      </item>
      <item>
         <title>📍Fantasy World</title>
         <author>karljeushcelis14</author>
         <link>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404547703</link>
         <description><![CDATA[<blockquote><strong>Fantasy World</strong> was originally planned to be a members-only club, but it was later transformed into a <strong>resort-theme park </strong>available to visitors from <strong>Metro Manila and Calabarzon</strong>. It was approved by the Department of Tourism in <strong>1997</strong>. The project's first developer, <strong>ECE Realty &amp; Development Inc.</strong>, commenced land purchase in <strong>January 1999 </strong>and site development in <strong>October</strong>. The Board of Investments gave it pioneer incentives in <strong>2001</strong>. It was billed as the "<strong>DisneyWorld of the Philippines</strong>," with plans to dwarf<strong> Enchanted Kingdom</strong>. The project was anticipated to cost<strong> $17 billion</strong> and be completed by <strong>2005</strong>. However, building of <strong>Fantasy World</strong> was delayed in the <strong>mid-2000s</strong> owing to financial troubles and the sickness of <strong>ECE Realty chief Emilio Ching. </strong>Fantasy World was then opened to the public in the early <strong>2010s </strong>as a site for photoshoots. The site then was bought by new owners.</blockquote>]]></description>
         <enclosure url="https://padlet-uploads.storage.googleapis.com/1903585452/09d67f28399f9b7373fe7fd9edc0529f/image.png" />
         <pubDate>2022-12-01 03:16:36 UTC</pubDate>
         <guid>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404547703</guid>
      </item>
      <item>
         <title>📍Casa de Segunda</title>
         <author>karljeushcelis14</author>
         <link>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404920858</link>
         <description><![CDATA[<blockquote><strong>Casa de Segunda </strong>is a traditional <strong>bahay na bato</strong> (stone house) erected about <strong>1880</strong>. During the late <strong>nineteenth century</strong>, the bahay na bato was considered the <strong>abode of the Filipino aristocracy</strong>. It exemplified the synthesis of <strong>indigenous and colonial architecture</strong>. The home was partially destroyed during <strong>WWII </strong>and was restored in <strong>1956 </strong>by <strong>Segunda Katigbak's daughter, Paz Katigbak Luz Vda</strong>. Dimayuga de Dimayuga Paz's grandkids, who were born and nurtured here, restored the mansion to its former form and magnificence, complete with fountain, fishponds, and orchards, in <strong>1996</strong>.</blockquote>]]></description>
         <enclosure url="https://padlet-uploads.storage.googleapis.com/1903585452/3089c89658c9891ec821b16f38ecf2da/image.png" />
         <pubDate>2022-12-01 10:21:48 UTC</pubDate>
         <guid>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404920858</guid>
      </item>
      <item>
         <title>📍Mabini Shrine</title>
         <author>karljeushcelis14</author>
         <link>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404943520</link>
         <description><![CDATA[<blockquote><strong>Mabini Shrine </strong>has valuable historical treasures that were all a part of <strong>Mabini's life</strong>. At the shrine's entrance, a bust of Mabini stands between two massive pylons, standing like motionless sentinels. The library to the left and the museum to the right flank the steps behind the pylons. Behind glass walls are stored and displayed his cabinet from when he was still <strong>studying, "tapayan" or water jug, eyeglasses, cane, wheelchair,</strong> and<strong> other artifacts</strong>. <strong>Several artworks </strong>and <strong>photographs</strong> of Mabini also adorn the museum's walls. The other chamber, the Library, contained books and other materials written by and about him. The <strong>mausoleum </strong>where Mabini's remains rest in peace is located between the two chambers.</blockquote>]]></description>
         <enclosure url="https://padlet-uploads.storage.googleapis.com/1903585452/0becc55e2624013f04e5f20b2b8d62bf/image.png" />
         <pubDate>2022-12-01 10:44:46 UTC</pubDate>
         <guid>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404943520</guid>
      </item>
      <item>
         <title>📍Cape Santiago Lighthouse</title>
         <author>karljeushcelis14</author>
         <link>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404962706</link>
         <description><![CDATA[<blockquote><strong>Cape Santiago Lighthouse</strong> is perched on a cliff near the beach. It was built in <strong>1890 </strong>and is one of the <strong>Philippines' oldest working lighthouses.</strong> It is known by several names, including<strong> Faro de Cabo de Santiago </strong>(or Cape Santiago Lighthouse) or <strong>Punta de Santiago Lighthouse</strong>, after <strong>Don Santiago Zobel</strong>, who gave the property on which it sits. The lighthouse, a 51-foot-tall white and red brick tower amidst the verdant paradise is a conspicuous feature in the neighborhood. Its architecture represents the era in which it was constructed. An auxiliary building inside the complex was used to house transitory visitors for a brief time in the past.</blockquote>]]></description>
         <enclosure url="https://padlet-uploads.storage.googleapis.com/1903585452/7c21b1350fe1c81d657f6fdb0c87ee06/image.png" />
         <pubDate>2022-12-01 11:05:16 UTC</pubDate>
         <guid>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2404962706</guid>
      </item>
      <item>
         <title>📍Taal Heritage Town</title>
         <author>karljeushcelis14</author>
         <link>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2405009450</link>
         <description><![CDATA[<blockquote><strong>Taal </strong>was once the <strong>capital of the Batangas province</strong>. It was once located near present-day <strong>San Nicolas</strong>, but following the terrible<strong> 200-day 1754 eruption (May 15-December 1, 1754)</strong>, the entire town was forced to relocate to a safer higher position, further away from the <strong>Taal Volcano</strong>. During the<strong> Spanish era</strong>, the town prospered and produced some of the country's most valiant <strong>national heroes</strong>. Their well-<strong>preserved ancestral homes </strong>still stand today and provide a glimpse into the <strong>lifestyle </strong>of the <strong>rich </strong>and <strong>famous </strong>at the time.</blockquote>]]></description>
         <enclosure url="https://padlet-uploads.storage.googleapis.com/1903585452/07cb80673cb5ad41f3cabc312ee153f7/image.png" />
         <pubDate>2022-12-01 11:53:18 UTC</pubDate>
         <guid>https://padlet.com/karljeushcelis14/AngasBatangas/wish/2405009450</guid>
      </item>
   </channel>
</rss>
